Most people understand that the need to grow as a leader is never ending. Understanding what they need to focus on is a little more difficult. There are many ways in which to do this, but I believe the best way is through a 360 Degree Feedback process.
What does 360 degree feedback mean?
In a 360 degree feedback process, an employee receives feedback from his immediate work circle. It includes direct feedback from subordinates, peers and superiors, and in some cases even from the external sources like the customers, suppliers or other important stakeholders.
Why is 360 degree feedback important?
1. It provides an employee an opportunity to receive performance feedback from his team, supervisor, reporting staff and his customers.
2. It allows an individual to understand her effectiveness as an employee and as a team member.
3. It helps employees recognize their strengths and areas where they can improve.
4. It helps employees in developing a proper plan of work.
5. Focuses on personal and career development.
6. Helps create personalized action plans.
7. Gets the employees together on the goal and work better as a team.
8. It acts as a great motivator for change.
9. It helps an employee to develop professionally and be effective at work.
If this makes sense to you, please contact me or hit the Contact Us tab.